I write about personal finance and technology and sometimes write about traveling and snowboarding. Here’s a quick list that gives you a better idea of what I write about:
- Data and technology, as it relates to consumers and businesses (making everyone’s lives a little bit easier)
- Saving money (budgeting, traveling)
- Making money (side hustles)
- Financial products (auto insurance, credit cards, mortgages, savings accounts, investment vehicles) and education (How to reverse a wire transfer)
- Mental and emotional ties to money and creating habits that establish a healthy money mindset
- Productivity in the workplace
- Product guides
Subscribe to my Substack
I write about my journey to authorship as I’m working on my first book and include writing tips and resources to help you write better.
A few of my writing tips:
- The price tag for writing groups and classes
- Why we should all write more uselessly
- 3 things that changed my writing forever
A few of my resources for how to write better stories:
- The craft of a damn good story: 3 podcasts to listen to right now
- My experience with a subscription-based writing group
- Memoirs you should read right now
Writing samples from my freelance work
Epoch Times: Freelance lifestyle writer
The College Investor: I’m the editor-at-large but I also write.
- Side Hustles to the Rescue: Survey Shows 83% Stressed About Money and Inflation
- 63% Say Biden’s $10,000 Student Loan Debt Forgiveness is a Good Thing
MoneyMade.io: They focus on alternative investments.
- A Grape Feeling: Best California Wines to Invest In
- Invest Like Bill Gates With the Best North Dakota Farmland
Adverity: A fully-integrated data platform for businesses to easily automate the connectivity, transformation, and governance of data at scale.
- Connecting and Enriching Data to Improve Performance
- I wrote about 90% of what you see on their case studies landing page.
Upstart: AI lending platform that partners with banks and credit unions to provide consumer loans. I wrote about customer stories and thought leadership articles in the FinTech space (B2C).
- 3 questions to ask your FinTech partner
- Real Borrower Story: ‘I paid off $15K of debt with Upstart and gave myself a raise!’
- This bride-to-be confidently borrowed $20K from Upstart for her wedding
- How to pay for storm damage if you don’t have the cash right now (syndicated on Reality Times)
Nike: I write product buying guides for Nike’s consumers.
- The Best Nike Beanies to Shop Now
- The Best Nike Trail-Running Shoes
- The Best Nike Platform Sneakers
- Choosing Clothing for Hot Yoga: Tips to Stay Cool and Comfortable
Writing samples from my time as a full-time employee
Blend: I wrote thought leadership pieces around the digital mortgage process while keeping a pulse on industry trends and technology.
- Creating better outcomes through proactive finance (ghostwrote this for Blend’s CEO)
- How personalization impacts each step of the customer journey
AppLovin: My main focus in this role was to write. I wrote guides, case studies, blogs, and thought leadership articles.
- App Monetization 101: How to leverage and build a sustainable revenue stream
- Q&A With SparkLabs: Best practices for creating compelling ads
- Fueled by AppLovin partnership, Project Makeover hits #1 in U.S. charts
- Tasty Pill’s Bottle Flip 3D climbs to #1 spot with SparkLabs
KeepTruckin, rebranded as Motive: I wrote customer stories and case studies (B2B content).
Credit Sesame: Personal finance platform that focuses on credit and loans.
- International Women’s Day Report 2018
- Huffington Post (contributor)
More freelance articles I’ve written over the years
My GoBankingRates.com author page.
- Chase Sapphire Travel Insurance: How It Works and What It Covers
- The Best Capital One Credit Cards
- My Income Is Up But I’m Downsizing — Here’s Why
- Huntington Bank Review: Robust Service and Account Offerings
- I Am My Parents’ Retirement: How This Affects My Savings (featured on Yahoo Finance)
- Side-Hustle Lessons from Running my Own eBay Store
- 5 Reasons I’m Hooked to My Chase Sapphire Reserve
- 12 Hacks to Travel While You Work and Remain Productive
- 4 Easy Ways I Earned 200,000 Chase Sapphire Reserve Points in a Year
- 5 Tips to Make Monthly Travel Possible (And I’m Not Rich)
Well Kept Wallet
My WellKeptWallet.com author page.
- How to Make Mailbox Money
- 5 Mental Hacks to Help You Save $1,000
- How to Listen to Audiobooks for Free: 9 Tips and Hacks
The Penny Hoarder
Content strategy and my thought process
Here are a few examples of my thought process for how I strategize and create high-quality content.
- How I would improve a B2B blog post
- How I would use anonymized data and create a compelling report (B2B content)
Ways to connect with me
- Here’s my LinkedIn
- Contact me or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.